MIDDLE GEORGIA MAYHEM DODGEBALL CHALLENGE
- There are 5 to 8 members to each team. Substitutes are allowed to be a part of a team and are allowed to be in the rotation to come back in the game, however only 5 members of a team are allowed in the field of play at any time.
- The playing field shall be a rectangle roughly 50 feet long and 25 feet wide, divided into 2 equal sections by a centerline and attack lines roughly 9 feet from, and parallel to, the centerline.
- The official balls used in the challenge will be 6-inch and 8-inch rubber-coated foam balls.
- The objective of the game is to eliminate every member of the opposing team. Elimination occurs when a player is struck with the ball by the opposing team or if a ball is thrown and the opposing team catches it, the player who threw the ball is eliminated.
- The game begins with 5 balls lined up on the centerline. Players must be behind the attack line on their side of the court at the start of the game.
- Once the referee starts the game the players may try to retrieve the balls from the centerline. All balls are available for either team. Once a player retrieves the ball from the centerline the ball must go back behind the attack line before that ball becomes available to throw. Players may inadvertently cross the centerline on the opening rush.
- If a player catches a ball thrown by the opposing team, the player who threw the ball is out and in addition the team who caught the ball gets to bring an eliminated player back into the game.
- Once the referee determines that a player is out, that player must line up in the indicated area in line to wait for the chance to return to the game. The order of re-entry is determined by the order the players were eliminated, should a ball be caught. The first player out will be the first player to re-enter. If a ball has been caught and a player re-enters the game out of order, he/she will be immediately eliminated.
- The line in the center of the court may not be crossed by either team. If any part of a player's body touches the ground past the centerline, the player will be eliminated. The only exception is on the opening rush.
- Anything being worn by a player counts as part of their body. If the ball strikes clothing, it will be treated as if it hit the player directly.